Who we are
Tank Inspection Services T.I.S. founded as a service provider in everything related to storage tanks. T.I.S. Services includes storage tank inspection, consultancy in repair and reconstruction, vendor inspection. We can provide you with advice, second opinion, inspections according to the codes EEMUA 159 and API 653, RBI, Remaining life calculations, Fitness for service, QA/QC, Vendor inspections and more. Please visit dedicated sections to know more.
Our founder Evert Martens have more than 10 years of experience in all aspects of Storage tank construction and Inspection including associated pipeline and process pipework inspections. He conducted inspections all across Europe including England, Scotland, Ireland, Greece, Belgium, France plus Canary islands and Aruba. Certified as EEMUA 159 and API 653 Inspector. Look below for full list of certificates. Currently working as an EEMUA 159 Tank Assessor and API653 inspector on a consultancy basis.
Evert has done root cause analysis investigations of damaged storage tanks in the past. He is also up to date and familiar with the latest technologies available on the market to provide the client the best possible solution for each aspect of storage tanks.
At this moment Evert is providing full time consultancy to Vopak Antwerpen as main Storage Tank Maintenance Engineer organizing and scoping maintenance activities, supporting tank maintenance supervisors, assisting project managers. He can be hired for ad-hoc inspection, Vendor inspections and short term contracts across the globe.
Auditor for storage tanks as per EEMUA publ. no. 159:2014
API 653 Storage Tank Inspector
- ASME Plant Inspector Level 1
- ASME Plant Inspector Level 2 (Senior Plant Inspector)
- Inspection & Testing Engineer I&KT2 (2 year course)
Here some of most his most recent experience:
- DOW Benelux, Terneuzen: Assigned to DOW Terneuzen PPM inspection team and Responsible for AST inspections on the LHC plants at DOW Terneuzen Incl. Condition based inspection AST’s using on stream inspection techniques such as; Acoustic Emission, Long range ultrasonics, T-scan.
- Heros, Sluiskil: EEMUA publ.no 159:2003 AST inspection & integrity assessment
- Van der Sluijs Tankstorage: EEMUA publ.no 159:2003 AST inspection & integrity assessment at several depots; Roermond, Gent, Hengelo, Hasselt (B)
- Simon Storage, Bramhall: AST inspection & integrity assessment incl remaining service life Evaluation several mounded storage tanks
- Total Refinery Antwerp: AST Inspection to EEMUA Publ.no. 159 and API Standard 653 of several tanks at TRA site
- Total Refinery (Donges): AST inspection & integrity assessment incl remaining service life. Project leader.
- BP storage (Athens): EEMUA publ.no 159:2003 AST inspection & integrity assessment
- Shell (Corrib, Ireland): EEMUA publ.no 159:2003 AST inspectie & integriteit assessment
- ETT Botlek Rotterdam: RBI acc. EEMUA publ.no 159:2003
- MET Botlek Rotterdam: EEMUA publ.no 159:2003 AST inspection & integrity assessment
- DISA Canary Islands: EEMUA publ.no 159:2003 AST inspection & integrity assessment
- AFS Budapest: EEMUA publ.no 159:2003 AST inspection & integrity assessment
- Faslane naval base (Scotland): EEMUA publ.no 159:2003 AST inspection & integrity assessment
- Phenix (Cork, Ireland): Inspection & integrity assessment incl remaining service life according API653.
For more recent updates please visit Evert Martens LinkedIn profile
Please, do not hesitate and contact us and we will answer your questions. We will resolve your problem with the best industry practices on the market today!